DrupalSouth Steering Committee Minutes - 13 June 2019
Monday 17th June
Meeting Date: 13 June 2019
In attendance: Chris Skene, Nicole Kirsch, Pam Barone, Thom Toogood, Owen Lansbury
- Introductory meeting for the newly elected committee.
- Review of the DrupalSouth Committee proposal
- Chris Skene nominated Owen Lansbury as Chair, seconded by Thom Toogood & Pam Barone. Owen will liaise with Linux Australia and the Drupal Association Board in this role.
- Nicole Kirsch volunteered to be Treasurer and minute keeper
- Thom Toogood & Pam Barone volunteered to be Code of Conduct contacts/officers
- Chris Skene volunteered to be our representative on the Drupal Association Event Board alongside overseeing DS marketing and corporate engagement initiatives.
- Thom Toogood volunteered to be the committee’s Government liaison
- Pam Barone volunteered to be the committee’s Event liaison for the DrupalSouth organising teams and regional meetups.
- Everyone to write a short blurb about their own expectations and responsibilities of their own roles for next meeting.
- Thom & Nicole will liaise on NZ specific initiatives. E.g Auckland meetup, Common NZ Gov Web Platform.
- Chris, Thom & Owen may attend DrupalCon Amsterdam privately. Likely to have at least one committee representative there.
- Owen to turn proposal into a Committee Charter to be reviewed next meeting.
- Discussion of staggered terms and need to either have committee members volunteer for 1.5 year or 2 year terms, or draw straws at next meeting.
- Chris noted that the next election should be in late 2020 for the entire board, with the first 2 renewing or new candidates taking up seats around DrupalSouth Wellington.
- Agreement that once per month is adequate for now.
- Note that the next meeting should be the first open one to community observers.
Linux Australia Financing:
- Nicole to connect with Russell from LA to establish protocols around budget management, bank accounts etc.
- Ideally move to a single bank account across all activities.
- Need a formalised process around accessing retained profits for additional initiatives.
- Pam to liaise with Campbell Tilley on event progress and need for any additional assistance.
- Pam to set up regular reporting from Campbell on event progress and facilitate assistance as might be required.
- Event website scheduled to go live ASAP. Some delays with theming that will likely hold things up.
Canberra 2018 Videos:
- Stuck on a hard drive and need minor editing and exporting.
- Owen volunteered to take this on. Chris to post HD to him.
- Discussion about standardising on one vendor for future DS events. E.g. https://nextdayvideo.com