In attendance: Chris Skene, Owen Lansbury, Pamela Barone, Thom Toogood
DrupalCon Amsterdam Update
Thom & Owen attended c/o their respective employers.
Owen attended first Drupal Association Board Meeting with his 3 year Director's term commencing on Nov 1 2019.
Owen attended Splash Awards, Local Associations and Supporting Partners round table discussions and CEO dinner.
- Lots of discussions around:
- Roles of Local Associations and Events in relation to Drupal Association (DA)
- Shared marketing activities
- Role of DA in Drupal product marketing and engaging decision makers
- Makers vs Takers: Drupal.org Contribution Credit system and ways that organisations and individuals might be better recognised for their contributions. Discussion thread on Drupal.org.
- Drupal 9 release in 2020
- Significant shift in Drupal being used for large scale projects. Impact on overall number of Drupal sites (Small-Medium sites are moving to SAAS and Wordpress) vs size of the Drupal "economy" (Dollar value of projects and number of companies/employees using Drupal).
- Options available to centralise open Drupal training resources like Drupal Ladder to complement commercial offerings like Drupalize.me.
- Event tracking well on budget and ticket sales.
- Need to focus on timing of speaker selection and announcement for next event.
- All sponsor slots except Diamond sold.
- Sponsor survey and BOF scheduled during event.
- Meetup organisers BOF scheduled.
- Chris and Thom to organise steering committee panel format.
- Owen to organise thank you gifts for event volunteers.
DrupalGov & DrupalSouth 2020
- Discussion of options around two events to be announced in Hobart.
- Pam to attend and develop relationships with LA council and other open source community organisers.
- Updated sub committee policy to be released soon that DrupalSouth will fall under within LA governance structure.
- Chris knows a designer who might be free to redesign DS website look and feel in late 2019.
- Pam to undertake Code of Conduct training course.
- Draft of prioritised DS strategic initiatives outlined in Google Doc (Open for public viewing). These will be discussed at Hobart steering committee public panel.