Monday 7th December
Attendees: Janna Malikova, Chris Skene, Dave Sparks, Nicole Ritchie, Owen Lansbury>
Drupal Gov recap
- Overall, the conference was a success and well organised. The Committee would like to thank the organisers and everyone involved for all their effort over the past few months.
- We had a record number of 336 attendees.
- It was decided that the attendees list will not be given out to sponsors due to privacy reasons.
- The Committee will put a standardised sponsor package together to ensure consistency and transparency for future events.
- Action point: Nicole and Dave to start a draft document.
- EventsAir Platform
- Negative feedback was received from attendees, sponsors and organisers and it is recommended to use a different event platform for future events.
- DrupalSouth Wellington was postponed until early 2022 seeing the deposit at TePapa was paid and can’t be refunded.
- We discussed the option to run a 1 day event in 2021 (mid year).
- Action point: Owen to start an ideas board to get the community involved.
- We will revisit the budget spreadsheet and work towards an annual budget that gets signed off by Linux Australia.
- Website management and updates
- Regional Marketing
- Meetup organisers are struggling to find venues with the majority of offices being closed due to Covid.
- We encourage Meetup groups to find alternative spaces and submit a proposal for sponsorship to the DrupalSouth Committee.
- Action point: Janna to put a guide together for local Meetup organisers.
- Organisers are encouraged to promote Meetups via the DrupalSouth Social Media accounts.
The next Committee meeting will be early February due to Christmas holidays.