DrupalSouth Steering Committee Minutes - February 6, 2020
Thursday 6th February
Attendees: Pamela Barone, Owen Lansbury, Chris Skene, Si Hobbs
Drupal Career Pathways
- Working group established in January. Coordinated by Si Hobbs with members Bronny Fisher, Kristy Devries, Tinny Ngueyen, Guy Owen, Vladimir Roudakov and Kate Hogden
- First step has been to identify initiatives and which members are keen to focus on specific areas, outlined in this doc.
- Working Group evaluating outreach to new developers in universities and other communities, training, internship programs and employment opportunities.
- Aim to have a broad outlined of approach and to kick start initiatives from March onwards.
- Noted that current Drupal Slack channel doesn't retain old conversation threads, hindering the ability to look back through old posts.
Linux Australia Conference - Gold Coast Jan 2020
- Pam attended on behalf of the steering committee.
- Primarily a relationship building exercise with LA Council members.
- Insight into how they run the LA conference - excellent Women in Tech Breakfast; Funded childcare on site; Coding for Kids courses.
DrupalSouth Annual Budget
- Owen to act as primary contact point with Linux Australia on financial matters to avoid overlap on requests.
- Need to refine an annual budget proposal to put to LA in order to fund other activities outside primary conference.
- Set up a generic DrupalSouth bank account for this purpose. All steering committee members need Westpac IDs to review and approve payments.
- Budget and team ready for LA review. Chris to forward to Owen to submit to LA.
- Venue can't be confirmed until budget approved. Deposit likely to be ~$5K to secure preferred dates.
- Venue secured for March 2021.
- Contract and deposit pending budget and event team approval by LA.
Marketing / PR
- Lengthy discussion on goals of engaging a contracted Marketing / PR person to drive Drupal awareness in media and with decision makers.
- Owen to request formal proposal from initial candidate.
- Chris to evaluate alternative providers for comparative approaches and quotes.
- Need to update website with future event information.
- Chris to follow up with Natalie and Kristy regarding availability to commence website redesign.
- Agreement that cosmetic refresh of current site the main priority. More detailed UX review and restructure a lower priority.
- Lack of clarity around what form these may take. Committee to collaborate on an outline of this.
- Pam to follow up with Murray @ Morpht around his interest in running one in Sydney in 2020.
- Owen on organising team for DrupalCon Minneapolis Exec Summit.
- Plan is to assess how this might be repurposed for local use in AU/NZ.
Next Steering Committee meeting scheduled for Thursday March 5.