Thursday 30th July
Attendees: Pamela Barone, Chris Skene, Thom Toogood, Nicole Kirsch, Toby Bellwood, Kristy De Vries
Drupal Career Pathways
- Kristy gave an update on what the working group is currently focusing on.
- The Group is meeting once a month.
- The theme for the next meeting is: Train the trainer.
- The Group will collaboratively work on topics and identify tasks to be split across the team.
- Identify real projects for internships.
- One goal the group set is to develop templates and a standardised approach that can be shared with the broader community.
- Content will eventually be put on the DrupalSouth website.
Government Working Group
- Toby updated us on the first meeting the Government Working Group held.
- A large number of attendees from NZ (5) and Australia (8) attended.
- Meetings will be held monthly.
- The working group discussed different topics to focus on in the coming months:
- Shared best practices to mitigate risks.
- Recognise different user journeys and pathways (less technical user vs agency land).
- How to promote different tiers of use.
- A follow up call for further topics will be made.
- Group aims:
- Collaboration and communication
- Be a kernel to communicate - connection channel
- Avoid duplication / share wins
- Promote AU/NZ as Drupal in Gov specialists
- PR - success stories, etc.
- Potentially invite external participants for specific topics, e.g. security in Gov
DrupalGov Australia 2020
- The received proposal (incl. budget) will be reviewed until the next meeting
- 4 and 5 November 2020
- Virtual, possibly on Hopin
- Multi track format
- We discussed ideas for different sponsorship options to provide value.
- Promote to wider APAC audience, e.g. Singapore
- Covid dependent, we could set up physical hubs in different cities.
- Open social
- Local Meetup organisers could be looped in
- Sponsors could provide space
- GovCMS meetup potentially on Friday
DrupalSouth Wellington 2021
- A team has been established.
- We’re currently waiting until September to make a call if the date needs to be pushed out.
- Call for candidates in September.
- Re-election of the full committee but the roll over is staggered.