Wednesday 14th June
In attendance: Dave, Chris, Michael, Julia, Marge
- DrupalSouth Wellington 2023
- A feedback form was sent out via email recently. Due to low feedback rates compared to other years the committee suspect that many didn't receive the email.
- We will be posting the feedback form out on social media in the near future to collect more feedback to better improve our events.
- Feedback that has been received so far has been positive, with a few areas that could be improved upon. Thank you!
- Splash Awards debrief
- Overall it was seen as a success, and we will be running the Splash awards again for DrupalSouth Sydney 2024.
- It was noted that the submission journey on the website was an area to improve upon, and we'll work towards making it more flexible next time.
- Looking to include a wider variety of categories to enter.
- "DrupalGov Community Day 2023"
- The name hasn't been decided upon yet, however a venue and date has been locked in for the second half of November 2023, in Canberra.
- It will be a single day event.
- It is aimed more towards Drupal of any type used in Government, and everyone is welcome.
- We will be reaching out to the community for feedback on topics to tailor this event to the audience who intend on coming along.
- We are looking to make it more hands on, with a variety of talks, dev issues to tackle together (for new & experienced devs), along with other workshops, and Birds of a Feather sessions (BoF's).
- We will be reaching out for sponsorship soon, noting that a couple of sponsors have already put their hand up. Please register your interest via email@example.com.
- Sponsorship cost is at a lower rate compared to other DrupalSouth events, with considerations to sponsorship fatigue over DrupalSouth events in close proximity 2022, 23 & 24.
- A weekly meeting has now been scheduled for committee members to discuss and plan the event.
- DrupalSouth Sydney 2024
- An early March 2024 date has been narrowed down.
- Two venues have been shortlisted.
- Looking to form a DrupalSouth Sydney 2024 sub-committee in the coming months
- New ways of communication with the Drupal community
- The committee will be investigating the use of Discourse
- 12 July 2023