DrupalSouth Brisbane 2022
The Westin, Brisbane
19th Oct to 21st Oct
DrupalSouth are conscious of the environmental impact of running an in-person conference. The organising team has taken the following steps and can provide these recommendations to minimise your personal impact by attending:
- The event venue, The Westin Brisbane, has a range of recycling, energy minimisation and responsible sourcing policies in place. If staying at The Westin, a hotel room generates 42.31 kg of carbon dioxide per room night and utilises 310 litres of water. The Marriot Hotel group's full environmental statement is available here.
- Catering through the event will utilise recyclable or washable dishes and cutlery.
- Event T-Shirts are produced by AS Colour who have a well defined social responsibility statement.
- Food waste will be minimised by only catering to the number of confirmed attendees.
- Sponsor giveaways must adhere to minimal environmental impact guidelines.
- If flying to Brisbane, we recommend purchasing carbon offsets for your flights.
- Travel to and from Brisbane Airport can be done with minimised environmental impact by taking the Airtrain.
- If staying at an alternative hotel to The Westin, we recommend booking one within walking distance of the conference venue.