DrupalSouth Brisbane 2022
This page is a listing of the resources available for speakers presenting at DrupalSouth 2022.
Speaker Presentation Templates
Speakers can download branded slide deck.
If you choose not to use the branded slides, we request that you include the following slides in your presentation:
- title slide
- speaker slide
- contribution day reminder slide
- feedback slide
- Inclusive Speaker Orientation: optional free training from the Linux Foundation that takes around two hours and will help speakers ensure their presentation are inclusive.
- How to Make your Presentations Accessible to All: guidance for speakers to increase the accessibility of their presentation prior to and onsite.
- We have created a dedicated Slack Channel for DrupalSouth 2022 speakers, feel free to join it #drupalsouth-bne22-presenters in the DrupalSouth Workspace and use it for any question you might have.
We recommend to use the following schedule when you are preparing your presentation.
- 21 Sep - Session schedule published.
- 30 Sep - You are expected to start the session preparation. Session outline and agenda should be ready.
- 07 Oct - You should send session draft slides to you track chair.
- 14 Oct - Track chair will offer feedback on your slide deck. Final draft of the session should be available.
Yes! All speakers have agreed to our Code of Conduct when submitting a session as part of our Speaker Agreement. You can find our full conference Code of Conduct here on our website.
Session length: 35 minutes. The Q&A portion of each presentation should fit into that time limit.
There was an error in earlier newsletters about session length, however Call for papers form and confirmation email stated 35 minutes session format.
Note, only one sessions on the first day contains two short talks (Ballroom 2, 11am).
Selected sessions will receive ONE complimentary ticket to the event.
Additional speakers will receive an opportunity to purchase tickets at a special price.
Guests can leave luggage with the front desk or concierge. They're super organised.
Each room would have HD projector, powerpoint and microphone (podium or wireless).
HDMI male cable is provided. If you have different outputs (e.g. USB-C), make sure you carry the converter/adapter or arrange one.
For recording purposes:
- consider using single laptop per presentation
- familiarise yourself how to output 1080p30 or 720p30 format as some recording devices would require scaled down resolution
- today you will receive Google Chat link which you need to access prior to presentation and share your screen and sound during the presentation (for backup recording)
- let us know if you do not want your session to be recorded
- additional wireless clip on microphone might be used (depending on the room)