Improving UX with an interactive decision tree
Presented by: Hugo Heuman, Morpht
Level: Novel topic - suits all levels
Length: Full 20 minutes
This session will present an innovative way to guide the visitor to the right part of the site by using an interactive decision tree. Users are guided through a series of steps to get them to the answer they are looking for. It will also show how the decision tree input can be integrated in a webform submission and utilised in other elements on a site. The user journey can then be used to personalise other parts of the site.
The solution being presented was partially based on work done for a large Federal government agency which has a series of complex processes users had to navigate. The interactive decision tree was used as a way to support and guide users through the steps. The approach taken with this agency is broadly applicable to potentially many others at all levels of government.
The presentation will show the advantages of integrating a progressively decoupled component to give the site visitor a more streamlined experience.
Attendees will learn the following things:
- How to create and integrate a fully functional decision tree in less than 10 minutes.
- How to integrate the decision tree with webform
This session would be of interest to:
- User experience designers looking for new ways to implement user journeys.
- Site owners wanting an interactive way to present complex decision making processes.
- Front-enders interested in getting the most from GovCMS SaaS.